PowerShell script exchange
sbenninger
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Benninger

Possible to restore from a txt file selection list?

Post by sbenninger »

We have recently had machine infected with a crypto lock virus/ransomware that has encrypted ~10,000 files across several file shares(all on same server). We have created a listing of all the files that have been encypted in a text file.

Currently the file is formatted d:\folder1\folder2\filename.extension with 1 file per line.

Is it possible to use that file as the selection list and restore all the files to their original location using a backup from several nights ago? I am not real good at powershell so not even sure where to begin. It would take forever to manually select all the files.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Possible to restore from a txt file selection list?

Post by veremin »

Hi, Scott, there is an existing discussion about automatizing Windows FLR Restore via PS; so, please, take a look. In order to restore specific files you will have to modify the script mentioned there. Probably, modification $origfile variable will be sufficient.

Thanks.
sbenninger
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Benninger

Re: Possible to restore from a txt file selection list?

Post by sbenninger »

Thanks for the link! I was searching but I think the acronym (FLR) threw me off. I will go through the thread and see what I can come up with.