Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
BKeane
Influencer
Liked: never

Storage Snapshot Appeared

Post by BKeane »

So I'm a little confused when I just stumbled across a "Storage snapshots" in my backups tree. I'm not really sure where this came from. We have no active jobs running; heck, we don't even have a license for Enterprise Plus. Any idea where this came from, or where I can find the logs to track this down?

We're a small environment, and there's only one other SysAdmin in today, so I don't believe it was created by a person. We've also been running disk backups for about a month and a half, and this is the first time I've seen this. There is only one snapshot. I hopped on our SAN management console (HP StoreVirtual) and am not seeing any snapshots for the LUN there.

Thank you,
Brenden
BKeane
Influencer

Re: Storage Snapshot Appeared

Post by BKeane »

So I found the history in the Veeam Manager. I'm not seeing anything for this morning when it says the last VM snapshot was taken. But I did notice that a Warning started appearing right around the time I had to stop a job. The error is:

12/19/2014 11:16:40 AM Volume <LUN NAME> configuration refresh completed
12/19/2014 11:17:08 AM LUN <LUN NAME> from volume <LUN NAME> is datastore <LUN NAME> on host <VCENTER SERVER>
12/19/2014 11:17:08 AM List of VMs from datastore <LUN NAME> on host <VCENTER SERVER> obtained successfully
12/19/2014 11:29:23 AM Error Failed to obtain list of VMs on LUN <LUN NAME>.auto.2 from snapshot <LUN NAME>.auto.2 of volume <LUN NAME> Error: TCP stream was closed
Agent failed to process method {HPSAN.Connect}.

12/19/2014 11:29:25 AM Volume <LUN NAME> rescan completed

So I'm guessing it's related to me Stopping a job. Thoughts on deleting the Snapshot?

Thank you,
Brenden
BKeane
Influencer

Post by BKeane »

And to keep adding info, we also changed our network RAID on the LUN right around the same time the warnings started popping up as well.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Ability to use Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots to restore individual VMs, guest files and application items is available in every product edition. So the node appeared right after you've added the storage into Veeam B&R console.

I recommend contacting support to investigate the reason of storage rescan failure.