Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
rolim
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Roberto Perestrelo Olim

Problem with a L3 Tape

Post by rolim »

Hi,

I've a problem with a particular tape, i had some errors with this tape in the beginning (don't remenber what type of error). But i decided to re-use, and i restored the file and erased the tape (long erase - slow), and the tape after that works normally. But now i have a problem with this tape, when i decided to continue doing backup in this tape, everything was fine until an error occurred:
Failed to prepare to start new tape session: StartSessionTape failed StartSessionTape failed Tape positioning error: Tape error: '1117' (No se puede realizar la solicitud por un error del dispositivo de E/S. Error code: 1117)

After that i tried everything (to change the tape drivers (to non exclusive)), but i confirmed that the problem was the tape again, and suspect that's the same tape the begining. I'm trying to restore the files that contain this tape to throw away but the restoration failed with this error: Restore Error: Tape positioning error: Tape error: '1117' (No se puede realizar la solicitud por un error del dispositivo de E/S. Error code: 1117)

I want to know if it's possible to do something for restore this files.

support case # 00885456
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Problem with a L3 Tape

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Roberto,
Let’s wait for the support investigation results.