Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
gregransom
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Greg Ransom

Error Timed out requesting agent port for client sessions

Post by gregransom »

Hi,

Just persuaded a client to install Veeam Endpoint Protection Free on their home Windows 7 laptop and cannot get a backup to run to a local USB drive.
I'm running it fine myself at home with no issues hence my recommendation.

The error is: Error Timed out requesting agent port for client sessions. --tr:Failed to initialize agent

I've tried this so far:
Disabled the Windows Firewall. Disabled Kaspersky Small Office Security. Uninstall Veeam Endpoint and re-installed Veeam Endpoint.
No change.

Any suggestions?

Greg
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Error Timed out requesting agent port for client session

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Greg,

I have heard of this before, but I can't remember anymore what it was, I only remember it was a problem on the client and nothing to do with Veeam Endpoint. However, just to be sure, can you let the client make a support case through the control panel UI so our support teams can have a look at it? We deliver support on VEB but without SLA

Thanks

Mike
gregransom
Novice

Post by gregransom »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.
I've raised this as a support case via the problem computer's Veeam control panel.

Kind regards,

Greg
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Greg,

Thanks, can you let us know the case ID here and follow-up in this thread when you have more information?

Thanks

Mike
gregransom
Novice

Post by gregransom »

Hi,

Logged a Veeam Support - Case # 00980018

Support had suggested to configure the antivirus exclusions for veeam: http://www.veeam.com/kb2034
And to also check if ports are open whcih has me puzzled as this is backup up to a local USB drive: http://helpcenter.veeam.com/endpoint/10/used_ports.html

I was afraid it was going to be the antivirus.
This particular laptop had issues a week ago with Kaspersky Antivirus corrupting itself. We since fixed that issue (at least appeared to) but it would now seem it has left some remnants of the original corruption and causing issues like this.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had applied the Veeam exclusion list to the antivirus on the 28 July with the same result. I have not applied the firewall port rules however as this laptop is backing up to a locally attached USB drive - did not realise it required network access for local backups to local USB storage.

I'll endeavour to look again at this soon when I get the laptop back of my client.

Thanks for the input.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Greg,
To confirm that antivirus is root cause of this error I’d turn it off completely (for testing purposes only) and try to reproduce the issue again.