Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
BrianIGD
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Brian Anderson

Tape Bug report

Post by BrianIGD »

Everything is working great for my tape backup, but a couple things I found that bother me... I have offline tapes go to my offsite vault automatically, which works well. However, when I look at offline tapes, rather than my vault, the column heading says "Expires In" and then lists a date, this doesn't make sense, should say "Expires On". And for tapes that have expired, they just have the date they expired, and don't say "Expired" like they do in the Vault view. Not a huge deal, but it could be a little confusing if I want to have some tapes offline, and not in my Vault location.

Also, my view refreshes kind of funny sometimes, it will show all tapes online or offline, I have to click off, and back onto the offline or online folder in the library view to force a refresh, and sometimes refreshing fails with an error. Again, not a huge deal, I can always manually refresh, but it's kind of bothersome.

Also, the ability to just backup the last full backup to tape, rather than all fulls for a server would be nice, but I believe I saw this feature request somewhere else on these forums.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Tape Bug report

Post by Gostev »

Good feedback, thanks Brian. Most things should be easy for us to fix.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Tape Bug report

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Brian,
Thanks - indeed priceless observations!
should say "Expires On". And for tapes that have expired, they just have the date they expired, and don't say "Expired" like they do in the Vault view.
I heard some requests to highlight the expired media (or at least label expired) with red color if its expired. How do you think, does it make sense to implement such color coding?
Also, my view refreshes kind of funny sometimes, it will show all tapes online or offline, I have to click off, and back onto the offline or online folder in the library view to force a refresh, and sometimes refreshing fails with an error.
Will check with the QA team – thanks!
the ability to just backup the last full backup to tape
Working hard to bring this feature in the next version, so stay tuned for updates.