Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
schwarzer
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nenad M.

Veeam Backup Free Edition servers are not supported...

Post by schwarzer »

Hi,
Im testing Veeam EndPoint Free Editition. Version 1,1,1,212

And I am trying to backup it to Veeam B&R repository (version 8 update 2b ). I want to see backup jobs and posibilities with B&R Server.

I got Error on Endpoint client : "Veeam Backup Free Edition servers are not supported as backup targets" Cannot google anything like this ?

thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Backup Free Edition servers are not supported...

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,
I got Error on Endpoint client : "Veeam Backup Free Edition servers are not supported as backup targets"
Veeam Backup and Replication Free edition is not supported as target for Veeam Endpoint Backup. Can you please clarify if you are running Veeam B&R in a Free mode (to check it click the details icon on the ribbon of the VBR console and go to Help > License). Thanks.
sibinsam
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Sibin Sam

Post by sibinsam »

Hi,
Instead of a separate console why not enable veeam backup free edition as targets?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Sibin, thanks for the feature request, however can you please tell me what features you're after when selecting Veeam backup repository (FREE) as a target for VEB backup jobs?
sibinsam
Veeam ProPartner

Post by sibinsam »

The main features would be the ability to deploy and upgrade endpoint to clients, configure backup job, start backup job on demand and also to restore files and folders from the console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
schwarzer
Influencer

Post by schwarzer »

Hi,
I am using it in 30 days free full functional mode. Or am I missing something with this 30 days trial ? Do I still need some licence for full functionality to test it fully.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi, our trials are fully functional. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

sibinsam wrote:The main features would be the ability to deploy and upgrade endpoint to clients, configure backup job, start backup job on demand and also to restore files and folders from the console.
Yes, that's understandable, but I was more wondering why would you want to store Endpoint backups in Veeam Backup FREE repository? I'm referring to this quote. If we allow to do that, you will still not get the features that relate to central Endpoint management.
sibinsam wrote:Instead of a separate console why not enable veeam backup free edition as targets?
sibinsam
Veeam ProPartner

Post by sibinsam »

I was thinking maybe we can manage the endpoint jobs like how the VM backups are managed. Was under the impression that this integration would be easier than building a separate console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, now I see where you were heading to. Integration with VBR does not mean that you will have central management for VEBs, but thanks for your feedback!
schwarzer
Influencer

Post by schwarzer »

I see now that I did not close this issue. I solved the problem. I was missing trial key. I thought that download of trial softwer is all i need. Great product, very simple from endpoint client side and have everythig i did not found on competitors. But missing console, central management and monitoring. You need to made simple B&R console only for endpoint backaps. Without hyper and VM function. Also remote client instalation, Ad integration will be hit into bulls eye.
Thanks,
dragan.bodrozic
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dragan Bodrozic

Post by dragan.bodrozic » 1 person likes this post

When Veeam Endpoint Protection had a console, central management and monitoring it certainly will not be a free product. I suppose it will be two versions: one which is free (like this version) and second with advanced features console, management, monitoring, reporting...
voyager529
Influencer
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Joey Famiglietti

Post by voyager529 »

Personally, I'm less picky. I'd like to see the free Veeam Backup version compatible with Endpoint Backup, but even if the only free features are "make this storage repo a working target for VEP installations" and "the ability for VEP to trigger a backup whenever it can successfully contact the Backup server", I'd be thrilled =).

Joey
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks folks! We will discuss all the feedback with the team.