Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
hscox030
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sean Cox

Pre-job script timed out

Post by hscox030 »

I am running a single VM job (Exchange) and have a pre-job script which times out after the 15 minute period. The script runs and does everything it is supposed to do but within the job it waits 15 minutes then times out. Am I missing something inside the script to state that the script has finished so the job completes that task and moves on instead of timing out? Currently the job is still running so I'll see if the post-job script does the same thing but I thought this was enough to warrant a question here.

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Pre-job script timed out

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Are you using PS as a pre-job activity? If so, have you tried to specify exit command or something similar in the script's end?
hscox030
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sean Cox

Post by hscox030 »

I did not see a way to launch a powershell script directly from the Veeam job so I am launching it from a batch file. Sorry for not mentioning that in the first post. I will try the exit command at the end of the script but will I have any issues with launching it from the batch file?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether I got your question. I think that exit command should allow you to actually end the script once it's done everything it was supposed to and now be terminated after a while (timeout). Thanks.