Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
peste
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stefan Petershofer

Replicas outgreyed ?

Post by peste »

Hello,

yesterday the backup & replication jobs failed due to a lack of space on our QNAP. Now after freeing enough space (Network Recycle Bin was activated...) the replicas (replicated on an NFS Folder on that QNAP) are outgreyed and where not found. Under the veeam Replicas i find only one of the two servers and when i look on the Share all two are there. I remember when it failed the backup machine (one of the replicated machines) has a disk of the replica which is not more showing up in veeam hot added. But on vCenter all two replicas are shown.

Two Servers on internal ESXi Storage which are backuped on QNAP SMB and replicated on QNAP NFS. One of the server is also the Backup Server.

Can i delete it from the vCenter and just make new ones ? Used: vSphere 5.1 (Essentials), veeam B&R EPE 6.1 U1. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replicas outgreyed ?

Post by foggy »

Stefan, I'm not quite sure I fully understand your issue. Anyway, with all technical issues it's better to contact support directly.

Also, please note that Veeam B&R v6.1 does not support vSphere 5.1.
peste
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stefan Petershofer

Post by peste »

Hi Foggy,

i understand this, but i don´t wanted to make a ticket for it. This is a new enviroment and the replication can easily begin from new. I was just interested what this causes. I had a problem like this with my other installations too, but it ended never in totally outgreyed vms which were still on their datastore. I do also know the slightly incompatibility between B&R 6.1 and vSphere 5.1. But i thought i do just Backup & Repcliate - so what could happen :)

Just for completing this i tell the whole story again - we mus tnot fix this - just about a little interest on it:

I have 2 VMs on an ESXi 5.1 (Both SBS 2011 and Server 2008 R2). I backup this two servers daily to a SMB Share on a QNAP 469L (Full & Incremental). And once per Day i also replicate those Servers (like on all of my other enviroments) on the same QNAP, but on a NFS activated store. This worked now for about a week like a charm. But i simply forgot to deactivate the Network Recycle Bin on the QNAP (shame on me). So it ran full during this night and all Backup & Replicate Jobs failed (i think it ran full during the last replication yesterday, cause on of the (replicas)disks was still attached to the backup server. That´s why i couldn´t start this machine today). So after this jobs faild i restarted the QNAP, deleted some trash and the NAS works again. But the two replicated machines where shown in grey under vCenter, but where still existent on the NFS Share. In veeam i only were seeing one of the machines replicas. The other replicated server wasn´t in the inventory anymore... Strange, maybe truly an issue with B&R 6.1 and ESXi 5.1.

Do we have an release date for 6.5 ? :)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Q4 2012
scott.anderson
Service Provider
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Scott Anderson

Post by scott.anderson »

Gostev,

our calendar quarters are a bit different here is Australia, so can you give us an idea as to what your Q4 is (ie Jan-Aprl)?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Scott, Anton refers to the last quarter of the year (Oct-Dec).
smile_dav
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Post by smile_dav »

Dear Anton/foggy,

Are we talking about weeks for the 6.5 release or towards the end of Q4?

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

We are talking Soon™, When it's ready™ :D