sandy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: santosh premkumar

VM. Stored data size.

Post by sandy »

Hello
Am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but taking a chance,
Am new to veeam and I am using veeam v7 and still in the test environment. with regards to charging i am trying to pull out using powershell a report which gives the stored data size for each VM in a job (i have in the test envrionment 3 VM's under one job). Is this possible to obtain? not per job but per VM
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: VM. Stored data size.

Post by veremin »

Could, please, clarify what exact information you want to get? VM size in job (similar to the information shown in backup job -> "Virtual Machine" pane) or the size that is occupied by certain VM in given backup file?

The latter isn't possible, as there is no information regarding what specific blocks in backup files relate to the given VM, etc.

Thanks.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: VM. Stored data size.

Post by Andreas Neufert » 1 person likes this post

Please specify for what you want this information?

If you need it for internal cost forwarding... we created a Veeam ONE Backup report that showes the average change rate of a VM on block level and you can use this as a quantifier to spread the backup target costs.
This report is exportable to excel for example to import it to your ERP system. This was implemented for a customer that asked for the same specific information like you.