Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
microdata
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Microdata

IBM 3573 Tape Library

Post by microdata »

Hi,
I'm trying to setting up the IBM 3575 Tape Library into veeam B&R but I'm not able to see it.
Windows also isn't able to use the "official drivers" and recognizes the TL as "Unknown Juke-box", but I'm able to use it with BackupExec, so the TL is working fine.
How can I solve this issue?

Thanks
Max
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: IBM 3573 Tape Library

Post by foggy »

Max, in order for Veeam B&R to work properly with the tape library, first make sure both tape drives and medium changer are correctly displayed in Device Manager. Probably, you're using wrong drivers.
microdata
Novice
Full Name: Microdata

Post by microdata »

Ok may be, but I only see the tape drives, not the library, and only Veeam is not able to see it, all the other backup software are seeing it without problem, why?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

In order for VB&R to work properly with tape library both tape drives and medium changer should be shown correctly in Device Manager. So, make sure you have both of them reflected correctly there. Also, are using non-exclusive or exclusive drivers ? In the latter case, kindly, reinstall the drivers with non-exclusive version. In addition, are there any 3-party specific drivers installed that might prevent us from identifying library correctly? Thanks.
ryanm
Novice

Post by ryanm » 1 person likes this post

If you drive is fiber channel you might have to re-zone it to take away access from your Backup Exec Server. I had problems getting the changer mechanism detected properly. Also if you are trying to Run BE and VEEAM on the same server I don't think it will be successful since BE wants it's own tape drivers and the Microsoft one.

I beleive there is an uninstall function in the bundle of the IBM tape drivers as well. I think you need to do that as well after the above is completed. IIRC.