Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wisecra
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Craig Wiseman

How to move a job from one server to another w/o messing CBT

Post by wisecra »

I have searched the forum before asking....

The answer given in this forum (below) does not work fully. Backing up & restoring the SQL database does move the jobs over, but it does not appear to keep the CBT data - which is critical in a DR scenario.
"Hello William,

If you need to move your backup/replication jobs to another server, please take a look at the existing topic that describes the procedure:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... =move+jobs

Hope that helps!"
I've laid out the issues I've seen in my responses to this thread:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 152#p15469

Please help!

Thanks!
cpw...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: How to move a job from one server to another w/o messing

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

If you need to move Veeam backup server to another machine/VM, you should be using the following procedure:

1. Move/backup Veeam SQL configurations database using native SQL server management tools to the new server.
2. Copy SqlLockInfo registry key to the new Veeam backup server, as it is described in this topic:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... nfo#p12702
3. Choose the copied database while installing new Veeam console, and perform the installation.
4. After doing this, re-enter all credentials used to connect to vCenter Server/Hosts without removing them from the console.

If you face any difficulties with that, please contact our technical support for assistance.

Thank you!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6693 times

Post by Gostev »

Correct, this way CBT will not be affected, and the jobs will continue running from where they were left, and using CBT.
wisecra
Enthusiast
Full Name: Craig Wiseman

Post by wisecra »

Thanks for the replies!

As far as I can tell, that's basically the path I followed and it didn't work.

However, I will try again and see what happens.

cpw...
singy2002
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Andrew Singleton

[MERGED] Migrate Backup/Replication Jobs

Post by singy2002 »

Hi,

I installed a VB&R server about a eyar ago on a customer site, at the time of the install they were only licensed for Windows 2003 OS. They have now decided to upgrade to Exchange 2010, which in turns means out backup server (Backup Exec) needs to be upgraded to 2008 R2 (64Bit) this server is also the Veeam B&R server, so i need to wipe the server and rebuild it.....No problem.

What i do have a problem with is that I will need to recover the previous Veeam backups, which i think is just a case of an import of the files? But i also have a slow link replication from a remote site, this is a pull replication, but if i delete the job (it will be gone after i wipe the server) is there any way to tell a new replica that the destination fileas are already there and to coninue where the previous job left off?

Regards
Andy
systeembeheerder
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Addy

[MERGED] Move to a new server

Post by systeembeheerder »

Hi,

Maybe this question is asked before, but the search option on the forum does not work (every time I get: please try again later). So here is my question.
I have a server (windows 2003 R2) with Veeam 4.1.2. installed on it. I want to move to a new server with Windows 2008 R2 x64 and install 5.0.2 on it. Is there an migration path to follow so I keep my data?
josby
Novice

Post by josby »

I hate to revive an old thread, but I ran into this same problem and never found a solution here. I figured it out, so I thought I'd share.

My problem was that I had not moved the backup repository over to the new server. I guess this contains data needed for CBT. I moved the files from my repository directory (C:\backup) on the old server to the same folder on the server, then went into B&R and did Rescan Repository.

I then restarted the jobs that I'd quickly killed when I saw they were recalculating hashes for CBT, and they proceeded to work normally with CBT intact.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6693 times

Post by Gostev »

Hard to say what happened, but there is no functionality of recalculating hashes in backup files.