Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AJ83
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Small bug in daisy chained scheduling?

Post by AJ83 »

We`re running R2a and i`ve noticed a small bug.

config:
1 scheduled File copy job
1 daisy chained File copy job

situation:
daisy chained job was disabled.
scheduled job has run (whith daisy chained job disabled)

Problem:
The moment the daisy chained job was re-enabled, it directly started to run
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Small bug in daisy chained scheduling?

Post by foggy »

How much time had passed prior to enabling the chained job? Was it probably enabled within 15 minutes after completion of the parent job?
geofftx
Enthusiast

[MERGED] Disabled chained jobs start running after re-enabli

Post by geofftx »

I have several backup jobs that link one job ending to the start of another. Occasionally I have needed to test just the first job and none of the chained jobs so I disable all the chained jobs and run the first one. So far so good. But - and here's the mystery I'm trying to solve - when that original job is complete, if I re-enable the jobs chained to it the next job in the chain will start to run immediately, the very thing I was trying to avoid. The original and chained jobs are NOT set for retries.

How long is this "trigger" to run chained jobs active? Do I need to wait some specific time before re-enabling chained jobs so they won't get run? Any way to disable this functionality?

Thanks,

Geoff
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

There's a 15 minutes interval for the chained job to run after the parent job is completed.

Also, what is the reason for using chained jobs in your case? Please note that jobs chaining is not among our best practices as it could have undesired consequences. If the goal is to control processing resources load, then limiting max concurrent number of tasks assigned to proxy/repository servers is recommended instead.
geofftx
Enthusiast

Post by geofftx »

Never really thought about allowing resource management to control the scheduling, but that makes a lot of sense. Off to kill my chained jobs now!

Thanks,

Geoff