Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JaquesC
Influencer
Liked: never

Veeam testing/multiple test scenario's

Post by JaquesC »

Hi all,

I need to get some documentation together from a Scenario perspective, this document needs to consist of a multitude of tests and/or situations that need to be properly tested and questions asked, its very broad and should cover all possible backup/restore/replication scenario's whatever those might be.

Think of it as a document that needs to be signed off by business before even thinking of implementing veeam as the production backup/restore/replicate system.

Ask yourself, if you had to present to a new client today on veeam as their solution, and they would ask you to come up with a test script of situations that might present themselves on a daily basis, and the client would like to know what is possible with veeam, what would your test script look like?

Some examples would be:

Full VM backup and restore? tested yes/no
file level restores? tested yes/no
tape backup and restore? tested yes/no
full replication testing and incremental, also restore replicated vm into production? tested yes/no
bring online restored vm and test?
virtual disk lost, need to restore entire virtual disk to vm tested yes/no ?

If any of you has such a document or something of that nature with a vast amount of scenario's of testing conducted, please let me know I could really use it as a guideline.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam testing/multiple test scenario's

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Jaques,

Not sure this is exactly what you're looking for, but you can create your own DR plan based on this whitepaper available on our website > http://www.veeam.com/wp-business-contin ... guide.html

In addition to this, I have just found the disaster recovery (DR) plan template, might be useful as well > http://searchdisasterrecovery.techtarge ... -and-guide

Thank you!