Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Error: Client error: NFC storage connection is unavailable

Post by Cragdoo » 1 person likes this post

I thought I would share another possible workaround for the above error. I was getting the following error when trying to backup a new environment

27/06/2012 12:42:35 :: Error: Client error: NFC storage connection is unavailable. Storage: [stg:datastore-188,nfchost:host-221,conn:prd-vc1]. Storage display name: [ZONE-OS].
Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:prd-vc1,nfchost:host-221,stg:datastore-188@gry-sc2/gry-sc2.vmx].

so a quick search of the KB articles came up with http://www.veeam.com/KB1198 , I tried everything in the article but still the error message persisted.

Was almost at wits end , so took a final look in the log files and notice the job was trying to use a 169.x.x.x address as the proxy. A colleague then pipped up something about checking the Network binding (in Windows 208 R2). The perculiar thing this is a hidden menu , so steps take were

1. Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Click on 'Change Adapter Settings'
3. Press 'ALT' key to bring up menu
4. Click on 'Advanced'
5. Select 'Advanced Settings'

You will now be able to change the order of connections. In my case I had to put the connection in the management VLAN at the top of the list.

Thought I would share on here to save some time.

Cheers

Craig
Bucksears
Lurker
Liked: never

[MERGED] Jobs failing after migrating to Cisco UCS host

Post by Bucksears »

Veeam case ID 00607168

We migrated from individual Dell ESX hosts to the Cisco UCS blade chassis last weekend. Now our Veeam backup jobs are failing.
The only thing that was migrated was the physical host; the VM storage, backup storage (EMC Data Domain), permissions and Veeam job info did not change.

I'm getting the ubiquitous "Error: Client error: NFC storage connection is unavailable. Storage: Storage display name: [ ]. Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [.vmx]."

I verified everything in the KB1198 article.
Went to all of the Veeam proxies/backup server and was able to ping all ESX hosts; everything resolves correctly (so it's not a DNS issue). I added the ESX host info to the hosts file on all Veeam proxies/backup server.
Port 902 is open between the ESX hosts and Veeam infrastructure.

Anyone experience this when moving to Cisco UCS?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2249 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Error: Client error: NFC storage connection is unavailab

Post by veremin »

Hi,

Have you tried to check the log file and see whether there are any issues reported that are similar to the one described by Craig? And if so, perform the workaround mentioned above.

Thanks.
ian0x0r
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Ian Sanderson

Re: Error: Client error: NFC storage connection is unavailab

Post by ian0x0r »

Thought I would post my two pence on here as none of the above solutions worked for me in this situation.

This error occurred for me when a VM was moved to local storage. The Veeam proxies were set to use SAN processing mode only with out failover to network mode. As there was no way to process the VM, it failed with the NFC error above.

Cheers,

Ian
Check out my blog at www.snurf.co.uk :D