ericshonebarger wrote:Is there a way to browse to the .EDB file inside the .VBK file so I don't have first restore the file from my nightly backup?
1. In Veeam B&R, go to "Backup and Replication" -> Backups -> and expand the backup job, to show the VMs that have been backed up
2. Right click on the backup for the Exchange Server VM, select "Restore Guest Files (Windows)". Follow the steps to choose the restore point that you want to restore Exchange data from.
3. When you click the Finish button, the "Backup Browser" will appear within a few moments.
4. Click on the "Explorer" button in the Backup Browser toolbar. This will mount the restore point for the VM into the C:\veeamflr\ folder.
5. You now run Veeam Explorer for Exchange, click "Add Store", and browse into the C:\veeamflr\ folder, and select the MDB and log files.
Oh also, if you are restoring from Hyper-V
backups, make sure you run the following command at the administrator command prompt, otherwise you won't be able to mount the EDB/Log files . I'm sure you won't need to do this in the next release.
- Code: Select all
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\VeeaM\Veeam Backup and Replication" /v EnableHvVdk /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001