Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Backup Enterprise Manager not showing Vcenter servers

Post by Peejay62 »

Just upgraded to V7. Looking into Enterprise manager and selecting the tab Vcenter servers doesn't display any vcenter servers. (My backup servers shows 2 vcenters).
Once I have selected the Vcenter server tab subsequently choosing any other tab displays an empty screen also.
So , initially clicking any tab except the vcenter tab gives me appropiate info, once the Vcenter tab has been selected, no info is displayed anymore... Any hints or suggestions? :?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Enterprise Manager not showing Vcenter servers

Post by foggy »

My first assumption is permissions issue. Does the account you use to log in to Enterprise Manager has sufficient rights to access vCenter server?
adam_c
Veeam Software
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Adam Congdon

Post by adam_c »

I would open a support case for this, as we currently have another case with similar issues.

But, Does this only happen when accessing Backup Enterprise Manager (BEM) from a VPN connection? Do you have the same symptoms when accessing BEM locally?
mrstorey
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Storey

Post by mrstorey »

Same for me too - no vCenter servers showing via Chrome running on my desktop.

Launching from the server worked just fine, and I was able to install the Web Client plugin.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Alex, please also open a support case for investigation.
mrstorey
Influencer
Full Name: Alex Storey

Post by mrstorey »

Apologies - didn't get around to logging a support case last week (this isn't a high priority issue for us) - however, I have found that the vcenter servers don't appear only if I'm accessing enterprise manager via a CNAME (which is how I commonly access this service). If I use the proper, configured server name for the enterprise manager server in my browser, the vcenter servers appear just fine.

Just thought it worth mentioning for other people having this issue - happy to log a support case if you would find it useful.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Glad you've found the applicable workaround, thanks for sharing!
selspiero
Lurker
Full Name: Ian Selsby

Post by selspiero »

does anyone else have a solution for this? having the same issue.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Ian,

Have you tried to apply the workaround in the post above? Do you have a support case opened for this issue?

Thank you!
acatic
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by acatic » 1 person likes this post

In my situation, I noticed that my 'Veeam Backup Catalog Data Service' had my own login name set for it, while the other six Veeam services had the dedicated service ID for it. I then changed the BCDS to match the others, restarted ALL services just in case, and the vCenter server showed up now.
pazo_infotech
Lurker
Full Name: Pavel Z

Post by pazo_infotech »

I tried both workarounds including using the https://FQDN:9443, as well as changing all Veeam services to run under our dedicated AD domain admin account. Still not seeing any vCenter Servers listed in Backup Enterprise Manager. Has anyone figured this out or received Veeam Support?

We created a support case, but so far nothing. Case ID: 00474690
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hi, Pavel,

Unfortunately, no one in this thread has opened a ticket with our support team, so, apart from mentioned workarounds, we have nothing to propose.

So, kindly, keep working with our support team on addressing this issue.

Thanks.
jeffmetcalf
Influencer

Post by jeffmetcalf »

I have opened a ticket, 00475316. I have the same situation, and I also have a 'ghost' vCenter that is showing up in Enterprise that no longer exists.
robertm495
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Robert McLean

Post by robertm495 » 1 person likes this post

Fixed it for my problem but maybe you guys have done this already.

I had to add vcenter server to Veeam B&R by following this guide:

▪Open the Backup Infrastructure view, select the Managed servers node in the inventory pane and click Add Server on the ribbon or right-click the Managed servers node and select Add server. In the Add Server window, select VMware vSphere.

▪Open the Virtual Machines view, select the VMware vSphere node in the inventory pane and click Add Server on the ribbon or right-click the VMware vSphere node in the inventory tree and select Add Server.

▪Open the Virtual Machines or Files view, right-click anywhere in the inventory pane and select Add server. In the Add Server window, select VMware vSphere.

After it added, I went back to enterprise manager, clicked start collecting and it was there

Link here: http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/80/v ... aunch.html
tstout
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Todd Stout

Post by tstout »

Realize this is a very old thread, but came across it recently when troubleshooting a similar issue: vCenter appears fine in B&R with backups working fine, but no vCenter listed in Enterprise Manager.

My problem had to do with vCenter being a VCSA upgraded from Windows VCenter (vSphere 5.5) to VCSA6.0 then further upgraded to 6.7. At some point in the upgrade process, VCSA switched from using a publicly trusted cert that I'd supplied to using a self-signed cert from vmware. VEEAM B&R worked fine with a simple refresh of the vCenter in the Backup Infrastructure tab, but the vCenter server disappeared from Enterprise Manager entirely. (I don't go into that tab of EM very often so didn't notice it was missing until I started getting some VEEAM plug-in errors in vCenter and went looking for it.)

To get the vCenter server back into EM, I imported the self-signed certificates (use the link on the vcenter webpage for "download trusted root CA certificates) into the computer Trusted Root CA store on the VEEAM server. One the certs were installed, vCenter popped right up in EM.