Dave
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: DT

Backup schedule

Post by Dave »

Hello,

First the best wishes for 2010.

I'm a new user with veeam and currently we have version 4.1 installed. The schedule which you can use for the created backup jobs has not enough options, i.e. I would like to make a backup job and schedule it for only once a month. Do we get more options in later versions?
Is there an option how to restore, i.e. vStorage API, vcb, network? I only see these options when I do a backup or I'm missing something.

Regards,
Dave
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: Backup schedule

Post by Gostev »

Hello Dave, thank you and all the best to you in 2010 as well :D

You can setup most complex job schedules by using Windows Task Scheduler. Summary on the last page of the Veeam backup job wizard contains the command line which can be used to start the job, just copy it and use for the scheduled task.

We will be adding more scheduling options in the future versions, absolutely. For example, monthly schedules will be available in the next release, as they are most commonly requested.

Restores are always network-based (similar to 3rd option in the backup processing mode selection - these options are only applicable for "reading" the data, but not for "writing" it).

Thanks!
Dave
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: DT

Re: Backup schedule

Post by Dave »

Hi Gostev,

Thanks for the info and quick reply.

Regards,
Dave