hagepat wrote:For my Firts initial replica to work do I have to setup backup job? Or do I first have to replicate local and copy files from repostitory to USB disk? And what do you mean by "Copy the backup to a DR site repository and perform repository rescan." With replica I don't have a repository, only a datastore on ESXi host. How can I solve this one
Here is the procedure you should follow:
1. Configure a backup job
for the VM you want to perform initial seeding for.
2. Create and choose any local repository for the backup files.
3. Once you have backup files created, move them to a DR site and place them on the DR site repository (you should create it beforehand).
4. Rescan DR site repository to populate backup files in the backup console.
5. After that just create a replication job with "Low connection bandwidth" checkbox enabled.
6. On the "Seeding" step of the replication job wizard specify DR site repository where you've placed VM backup files.
7. Finish configuration of replication job wizard and start replication job.
Hope this helps!