Moving from a traditional tape backup system of our vsphere 5 host to veeam's disk based. Trying understand it all.
- Have setup Iomega px6-300d with iscsi
- vsphere host has vm's stored on local disk
- Installed Veeam on VM on host
- Am going to add iomega iscsi storage to vm and then add disk to vm for depository of backups
- Create single backup job to backup all vm's (3 in total) to backup store
- Am looking for a 3 times daily CBT backup for low loss recovery
Does that make sense? Any suggestions or corrections
I also have another Iomega px6 at a remote site across the country that I would like to replicate the backup once a week to in case of physical disaster. It is a slower link, so I believe Veeam allows me to create the replica locally..copy to usb..then add to storage locally at DR and then replicate changes...am I correct?
I am just confused on how I do both the local backups and the replication...Any clarification or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!