digitlman wrote:This is why we always wait a month or three after a new version of software for the kinks to get worked out.
digitlman wrote:Will this delay v6? Is it still looking at a Q42011 release?
Gostev wrote:OK, back to the main topic. As promised, here is an update on vSphere 5 RTM code compatibility for Veeam Backup & Replication 5.0.2
Our QC has found the following incompatibilities:
• Incremental replication passes to ESXi 5 target fail (initial pass works normally).
• Backup in direct SAN access mode will fail for VM disks on VMFS5 volumes.
• SureBackup is not functional when ESXi 5 is used to host the virtual lab.
• Multi-OS FLR is not functional when ESXi 5 is used to run the FLR helper virtual appliance.
• vCenter Server 5.0 causes job to fails with the "Inactive datastore" error. Jobs on standalone ESXi 5 hosts do not seem to be affected by the issue, but all jobs configured through the vCenter Server 5.0 connection are.
At a first sight, all issues are easy to fix. We plan to make the hotfix addressing all of the issues above available through support in about 2 weeks. I will update this topic once the hotfix is available.
Gostev wrote:Reading through my post above, hotfix development should take about 2 weeks. I will provide an update at the end of the next week. Thanks!
RHofland wrote:Waiting for this hotfix, my test environment wants to be backup'd.
Users browsing this forum: hagepat and 14 guests