Application-aware processing fails for SQL server where Veeam configuration database is located.Issue 12
Unable to specify "0" in any octet of IP address when configuring re-IP rules of replication jobs.Issue 17
Hot add operation can sometimes cause a very long backup proxy VM stun (VMware issue). The VM stun can be so long that it can cause all jobs using this backup proxy to fail due to timeout with the "Error: Client error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time
" error (follow this link
for more details). To work around this, Veeam B&R will now automatically disable changed block tracking on all backup proxy VMs.Issue 18
For VMware VMs with multiple disks, CBT may fail on virtual disks other than Hard Disk 1 with the "Soap fault. A specified parameter was not correct
" error when the hot add processing mode is used. Follow this link
for more details on the issue.Issue 19
Backup console UI freezes periodically (upon automatic refresh event) when there is a large number of managed objects exist.Issue 20
Any job processing the same VM longer than 48 hours is forcibly terminated. The new timeout is set to 7 days.Issue 21
Very large backup jobs start failing with the "Failed to save file content
" error after the VBM metadata file reaches 4 MB in size.Issue 22
Hyper-V CSV ownership change during backup or replication preparation process may take too long with certain storage devices, causing bug check (BSOD) on Hyper-V hosts (Microsoft issue). Thanks to Jeff Dwyer (jldwyer1420
) for incredible research and troubleshooting effort with this issue.Issue 23
Hyper-V virtual disks with the disk file’s extension in capital letters (.VHD) are backed up like regular files, and not like virtual disks.Issue 24
Copying very large files to Linux or ESX host with service console credentials specified may fail, resulting in copied file never appearing in the target folder despite File Copy jobs reporting success.Other improvements
Patch 3 brings the following additional changes and enhancement requested by the community members:
• For VMware VMs with multiple disks, hot add now happens once for each processed VM instead of multiple times, before each processed disk, which slows down the VM processing. Thanks to Lucio Mazzi (Moebius
) for bringing this
to our attention.
• Improved vPower NFS performance by removing some excessive logging. Thanks to Ed Kok (E.Kok
) for bringing this
to our attention, and all the help and persistence chasing the root cause.
• Improved VMware replication failback performance by enhancing the virtual disk digest calculation process.
• By popular demand
, the warning about outdated VMware Tools on the processed VM was changed to an information event.
• Removed confusing CBT warning from the initial run of backup and replication jobs which have backup and replica mapping configured.
• Added support for protecting VMs on Hyper-V hosts with Veeam B&R server installed in the parent partition. Previously, adding such hosts to the console would fail with the "User credentials cannot be used for local connections
• Updated formulas for proxy and network processing stages statistics of the bottleneck analysis functionality. For example, heavy backup target load should no longer affect the network stage percent busy value.B&R 6.0 Patch 3 addressing all issues above this line (including Patch 1 and Patch 2 issues) is available for download starting February 13, 2012 (KB1442)