Yes, i understand that, I was just trying to stay with the post topic. I am currently seeding so that I can send my VM's to my DR site and create my new replication jobs following vitaliy's simple process below. I have a backup repository running at the production site as a physical box, I also have 2 proxies running as vm's at the production side for my daily vm backups. I have configured a third proxy that will run at the DR site for my replication purposes. I need to create a repository at the DR site to place my backed up vm's for seeding. So my question is can this repository that sits at the DR site be a VM? I have not been able to locate that information in the documentaion.
admcomputing wrote:Vitaliy S. wrote:
Here is the procedure you should follow:
1. Configure a backup job for the VM you want to perform initial seeding for.
2. Create and choose any local repository for the backup files.
3. Once you have backup files created, move them to a DR site and place them on the DR site repository (you should create it beforehand).
4. Scan DR site repository to populate backup files in the backup console.
5. After that just create a replication job with "Low connection bandwidth" checkbox enabled.
6. On the "Seeding" step of the replication job wizard specify DR site repository where you've placed VM backup files.
7. Finish configuration of replication job wizard and start replication job.
Hope this helps!