Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Shaft
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Vince Rucolas

Out datated Restore Points under Backups/Disk

Post by Shaft »

I have been using Veeam B&R 7.0.0.871 in a vCenter 5.5 environment. I am still getting used to the product and I noticed today that If I go to Backup & Replication/Backups/Disks/<backupJob> it shows all my backed up VMs and the Restore Points. We have a retention of 7 days on daily backups and I noticed I have some VMs with only 1 restore point that is Months past deletion.

I tried searching but I am still getting familiar with the product and am not having any luck so I thought I would post here before calling support.
Shaft
Influencer

Re: Out datated Restore Points under Backups/Disk

Post by Shaft »

Also trying to figure out the forum so if you can tell me how to post an image it may explain my issue better

I see the IMG button but it give me some html tags and I dont know how to use them

thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Vince,

You can use any 3rd party resource provide to upload the image and then post it here. As regards your question about the restore points number, then can you tell me what backup mode you're using and what is your configured job schedule?

Thanks!
Shaft
Influencer

Post by Shaft »

Thanks for the reply.
This is a backup job using reverse incremental These appear on most of my jobs but they run at different times from 5:00PM to 5:00AM daily with 7 retentions.

I will work on getting an image inserted
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Vince, I believe you can contact support for assistance in clearing up obsolete records from the database.