Feedback and Feature Requests

Business categorization for your virtual environment

Re: Feedback and Feature Requests

Veeam Logoby tjestr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 pm

I thinkt it would be best to let the user choose how many groups will be displayed. (My screen is big enough to show 12 groups, for others that's maybe too much.) I would prefer a second (or third...) graph at the buttom of the first graph's chart instead of summarizing it.
tjestr
Enthusiast

Liked: never
Full Name: Falko Dohse

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:21 am

Falko,

That makes sence for sure, I don't think it will be hard to implement this option which will filter the groups. And as Anton has already said, we could only show TOP groups for your environment by default.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1117 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby tjestr » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 am

Another thing I've recognized is the Storage,GB chart row. Currently it shows the provisioned space. It would be great if you can add another row with the used space.
I know that this is a highly dynamic value, but it would be interesting to know. The same for memory. (allocated memory & active memory)
tjestr
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby tjestr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 am

Another thing which came into my mind is, that it would be great if the Business View website could be implemented in Backup Enterprise Manager website (maybe as additional tabs).
Maybe you could think of a website for Veeam Monitor too to have a full, web enabled toolset available.
tjestr
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:00 am

Falko, this is interesting idea :) we have to think about it. Backup Enterprise Manager website already has quite a few tabs (will have more in the next release), so I am not sure if adding other product's tabs will look good - too many unrelated tabs on the same "level" will probably be confusing.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2361 times

Veeam Logoby tjestr » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 am

Any news on a release date of the new version?
tjestr
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 am

We will release update release shortly (along with Reporter 4.0), but in parallel we are already working on major update and plan to release it in a few months.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby FloonDog » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 pm

BV needs to sync with VC custom fields, not just populate them. Editing in VC is so much easier since you can cut and paste and use the arrows to move from field to field vs bring up the slow BV interface and changing each server one by one. I also have existing fields with data I would love to have in BV where I could report on them, but there is no way to get the data into BV. It's a great 1.0 product, looking forward to more polish in 2.0.
FloonDog
Novice

Full Name: Tim Porreca

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:41 pm

mhanbury wrote:Any chance we can get the Guest OS Field listed on the output report?

jgremillion wrote:I like this tool and find it useful. I would like to recommended an enhancement to the rules. I would be nice if there was a rule to search for "does not contain."

These were implemented in 1.0.3, enjoy! :wink:
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby MB-NS » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:34 am

Gostev wrote:Falko, this is interesting idea :) we have to think about it. Backup Enterprise Manager website already has quite a few tabs (will have more in the next release), so I am not sure if adding other product's tabs will look good - too many unrelated tabs on the same "level" will probably be confusing.

Hello, what would be nice is integration with Veeam B&R jobs (not only with enterprise Manager).
I find myself having to create a log of folders in VC in order to have a dynamic job :
- a root folder to include VM in the job
- subfolders to select which VM should have VSS integration or not, or with specific Windows accounts

These requirements interferes with other needs (VM visibility in the tree) and thus are not ideal.
Being able to select VM by Groups or Categories would be best, especially as it would avoid Veeam the need to implement similar features for B&R (which I am sure were asked).
MB-NS
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:25 am

Hello Mathieu,

Yes, we've been thinking about integration of Veeam Backup and Replication with Business View, I believe we will be able to implement it in our future releases of VBR, but thanks for a great feedback!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby MB-NS » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hello Mathieu,

Yes, we've been thinking about integration of Veeam Backup and Replication with Business View, I believe we will be able to implement it in our future releases of VBR, but thanks for a great feedback!

Hello, are we talking about something like VBR 5.0.1 or 5.1, or more like VBR 6 ?
MB-NS
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Hello, more like future releases.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby PHBG » Mon May 30, 2011 9:08 am

Hello,
in the Business View I found some misunderstanding in a Host Tab about CPU Frequency calculation.
There is nothing about core number info. CPU Frequency (GHz) is not very true, because is not calculated the number of CPU (sockets) and number of Cores per CPU (only number of host). And very powerful host seems like a poor CPU resource host.
PHBG
Novice

Full Name: Petar Havezov

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon May 30, 2011 10:08 am

Hello Petar,

Thanks for the feedback, as for now you may want to create additional host category that will automatically categorize your hosts based on the CPU cores number, so you could have an accurate picture.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

PreviousNext

Return to Business View