Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
McKITGuys
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: McK Admins

Any way to see detail on what is backed up in a file share backup?

Post by McKITGuys »

Hi all,

Am using the file share backup feature to back up a fairly active set of folders - backing up every 15 minutes during the day. Users wanted this as they work on common projects together and they sometimes muck things up for one another part way through the day.

The other day I got an alert from VeeamONE saying that one of the backups took an abnormally long time to complete. So I checked and it seemed as though someone dumped a really large set of files into this file share. I looked but could not find it.

Is there a tool that would show me which files were actually backed up during that 15 minute period? I knew the time it happened but there was no way to see a list of changed file? I tried poking around further in the Veeam explorer but there did not seem to be a way to list all files backed up? would be even better if this tool would allow setting a date-time range.

Thanks
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Any way to see detail on what is backed up in a file share backup?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
there is nothing built-in. I would probably go for instant NAS share recovery and a tool that can compare folders.

First Google hit gives me this website https://www.wintips.org/how-to-compare- ... indows-10/ (I did not test any of the tools)

Best regards,
Hannes
McKITGuys
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: McK Admins

Re: Any way to see detail on what is backed up in a file share backup?

Post by McKITGuys »

Ok. thanks. I ended up dumping out the folder contents (about 100 of them) to a plain text file with dir *.* /p > Files.txt and then using some programming skills to parse the output (ugly as it is not tab delimited) and then I was able to filter on the datetime range I needed. It worked in this case but took a bit of time so I was looking for something built-in.