Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
Atredes
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mikhail Khromykh

iscsi broken

Post by Atredes »

Hi!
I will use Veeam B&P to back up the samba shared directory. copying was carried out on the iscsi disk on which, due to the incorrect completion of the session, gave an error. later, the copies of the files were checked out, but when adding a new repository for recovery, I have an error -25.05.2021 15:59:04 Warning Failed to import backup path E:|Recover|Backup||PublicBak.vstore Details: Cannot find metadata file [PublicBak.vstore]. Although this file is present on the disk.
. tell me how to fix it? I see that in fact there are backup files on the disk, split into many identical Weeam archives
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: iscsi broken

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Mikhail,

If the first job run was not successful and backup was not finalized I'd recommend to delete the entire backup folder and in Veeam B&R under Backups > Disk remove such backup from the configuration completely. Then rerun the job to create new backup. Cheers!
Atredes
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mikhail Khromykh

Post by Atredes »

in order to reconfigure the repository again - of course it will do. but how do I get files from vblob files actually there are lights on the disk. only the structure is lost and I'm not sure B&R can't open them. there is definitely a full backup inside these files. how to extract them from there?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

If backup file is operational you can start instant file share recovery or file level recovery and copy/restore the needed files. Thanks!