Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
martouff
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark Clay

Licence Exceeded Confusion

Post by martouff »

Hi
I have a NAS with my music/movies etc and it totals 4.5TB. I back this up (only) using 2 x media sets of LTO tapes - rotating these monthly as I am a home user with the community version. There are no other machines being backed up.

I added a 6TB HDD to be able to run quick incremental backups and this appears now as a NAS backup.

Each time I run the non tape backup, it fails with licence exceeded around 65GB. I have looked into the licence usage and it shows 1x licence used for 500GB but doesn't get that far.
Is it going to be possible to have this scenario working with the community version as I am really confused about licences. What exactly constitutes an instance in my environment? I thought I would be 1 for each tape set and 1 for the disk backup - but maybe not.
If this doesn't work out will have to go with another backup plan for the disk backups. I can't believe such a simple setup will cause this amount of problems.
I'd be grateful for any advice on this problem.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2293 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Licence Exceeded Confusion

Post by Mildur »

Hi

File 2 Tape Jobs do not require licenses in V10/V11.

Do you have configured File Share Backup Jobs? One instance is required for 500GB protected frontend data.
You have 10 instances with VBR community edition.
The calculation is explained here:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

If you see a technical issue or it is not working as explained in the helpcenter link, please open a support case and share the case number with us.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software