Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
marcelplett
Novice
Liked: never

NAS Backup Copy Job with restore points

Post by marcelplett »

Hello,

is it possible to create a NAS Backup Copy Job with restore point for archival purpose, like it can be configured in other Copy Jobs (VM, Windows, etc.). I've seen there is the opportunity to select a secondary target in the NAS Backup Job and it creates automatically a Backup Copy Job but there is only the option to select a limited retention.

Considering the license costs this feature should be integrated. We spent 3/4 of total Backup and Recovery License costs just for the NAS VUL. :|

Regards Marcel
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: NAS Backup Copy Job with restore points

Post by veremin »

No, you cannot create an independent backup copy job for NAS backups - you can only add those in NAS backup job wizard (Secondary Target settings page), but can you tell us what retention settings are missing? GFS retention policy or something? Thanks!
marcelplett
Novice
Liked: never

Post by marcelplett »

I'm missing the following settings. For example I want to keep a yearly full backup for 10 years.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello marcelplett,

For NAS backup copy jobs we currently do not have GFS functionality available, so noted as a feature request. Can you please clarify if archiving older file versions would work for you? With NAS backup job it is possible to land the retired files to a secondary repository for a longer retention. Take a look at this Help Center article to learn more - Define Target Backup Storage Settings.