- Veeam Software
- Posts: 116
- Liked: 37 times
- Joined: Apr 27, 2020 12:46 pm
- Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva
1. Yes, you're right, you cannot back up open files because such files can be edited during the backup process.
In such case the job will skip these files and save this information in job report but you can use a VSS snap.
2. Yes, there are strict conditions for VSS:
Thanks!Reading from VSS snapshots is available only if the following conditions are met:
- The source file share is running on the machine with SMB v3 feature enabled.
- The file proxy role is assigned to the machine running Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or later with SMB v3 feature enabled.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests