Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
iamJamie
Lurker
Liked: never

SOBR Tiering

Post by iamJamie »

Does File Backup offer daily SOBR Tiering off loading? I would like my daily jobs to upload to Azure soon after the local copy completes just like the VM backups. If not i hope this feature is made.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: SOBR Tiering

Post by Gostev »

Not yet. v1 only supports offloading older file versions to object storage. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

To clarify: you still can use Scale-Out repository as a target for your NAS backup job but placement policy and capacity tier settings will be ignored. With NAS job you can configure an archive repository and, instead of deleting file versions based on the set retention, offload those for a long-term archiving to a different repository. Object storage registered in Veeam B&R console can be used as archive repository (keep in mind that such object repository should not be added to the Scale-Out repository). Hope it helps!
iamJamie
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by iamJamie »

Ok so a workaround option to get a daily offload backup from a NAS is to keep my daily file versions in a VM that is getting backed up daily with SOBR Tiering and set offload Archiving repository not to let the local storage grow too much.

Or I completely move away from NAS file shares and move the shares to a Windows VM that gets a daily SOBR Tiering backup. I’m leaving towards this option long term.

Thanks for the input guys!