Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
sylrob
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Sylvain Robert

Veeam Error when a directory is deleted

Post by sylrob »

Good Morning,

I have a file backup for a share on our network, yesterday I deleted 2 folders that aren't need it anymore and now Veeam give an error and the backup didn't complete for that share. I read a lot about this is it still and issue ?. Also IF I add a directory to a share after the backup definition do I have to edit the backup job manually to add the folder ?.

If I understand correctly I'll have to go to the backup definition and deleted manually those directory, and I think that all will loose all the previous backup am I right ?

I used symantec backup exec for 17 years and never add to do that, did I missed something in my definition of VEEAM backup ?

Best Regards,

Sylvain
sylrob
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Sylvain Robert

Re: Veeam Error when a directory is deleted

Post by sylrob »

My bad guys, my backup was defined wrong ! just select the share and add Excluded folder work perfectly,

I also add a backup proxy on the private network to speedup things ! :)

Sorry for the rookie post !
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Error when a directory is deleted

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Sylvain,

Glad you nailed it. Just to confirm:
have a file backup for a share on our network, yesterday I deleted 2 folders that aren't need it anymore and now Veeam give an error and the backup didn't complete for that share. I read a lot about this is it still and issue ?.
Backup job will show error notification only when these folders were specifically selected as a source object in the backup job. If you've selected root folder such notification wont be disabled and backup job will act normally.
Also IF I add a directory to a share after the backup definition do I have to edit the backup job manually to add the folder ?.
If the object (i.e. file or folder) is underneath the folder selected as a backup source that's not required. Cheers!