Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
TomSimano
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom

Adding Server to Hyper-V errors

Post by TomSimano »

Hello, I have recently installed Veeam B&R Version
6.1.0.181 (64 bit)

My server is a Server 2008 DataCenter x64bit.
Hyper-V is running one VM so far, and it's a Server 2003x64. I just installed the OS, joined my domain, but haven't done much else yet.

The install copmletes with no errors. When I launch Veeam Backup & Replication, I go to Microsoft Hyper-V and choose to Add Server. Authentication all goes through, but when it gets to the results page it failes at: Installating package VeeamHvIntegration.msi Error: Installation completed with errors.

It than says below it Failed to install missing pacakages: Installation completed with errors. See Install log. At the SAME time, Microsoft Windows kicks out an error that says Veeam Hypever-V Integration Service has stopped working.

Under Details: Problem Event Name :APPCRASH , Application Name: VeeamHVIntegrationSvc.exe. Exception Code c0000139.

I can hit send details to microsoft or close, neither does anything but close Windows. If I try to hit Next I get an error that Server has not been created properly
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6633 times

Re: Adding Server to Hyper-V errors

Post by Gostev »

Hi Tom, as per the System Requirements, only Window Server 2008 R2 is supported. Thanks!
TomSimano
Novice

Post by TomSimano »

For the guest OS or for the virtual server?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6633 times

Post by Gostev »

For the Hyper-V server.
TomSimano
Novice

Post by TomSimano »

Ok, thank you. I am not running Windows Server 2008 R2, so that must be the issue than. Thanks, I'll have to try that when/if I upgrade to R2.