Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
MeCJay12
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Christian

AWS Restore Isues

Post by MeCJay12 »

Hello! I would like to thank you in advance for your time.

I am trying to restore to AWS two VMs being backed up from an on-site hyper-v host. I am having two issues.

1) The first VM restores to AWS "successfully" (according to the job in Veeam B&R). When I try to RDP into the instance in AWS I can get all the way to where it looks like it is loading the desktop. Instead of loading the desktop an error comes up and says "Access Denied. Please Contact your Administrator." The same thing happens using a local account or a domain account and after re-restoring to AWS. The curious thing I noted is that the restore process created two new key pairs that I can't find the private key for. Don't know if the password gets changed but I'd need the key to find the private key.

2) The second VM never seems to want to restore. It always fails on "FirstBoot" because it can't connect to network. The two VMs' network is configured the same other than the specific IP and secondary DNS server. I can't figure this one out and I can't find any info on the error.

I only have 7 days left on the eval trial key so I am hoping to fix this quickly.
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Re: AWS Restore Isues

Post by jmmarton »

During an eval you still have access to support so please open a support ticket. You can also contact your local Veeam sales team.

Joe
MeCJay12
Novice

Post by MeCJay12 »

I'm leaving this up because I have more luck with the forums than Veeam support but I will open a ticket because that's proper.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey MeCJay12,
In this case, Joe is right. The reason why there are failures can be multiple things. Only by reviewing the logs and most likely also some logs from AWS we might figure out what is wrong. Please post the CASE ID here also for further follow-up and the outcome after investigation of our support team. It might help other people on the forums :-)
MeCJay12
Novice

Post by MeCJay12 »

Case: ID# 03444992 I have one correspondence so far so it will be a hot minute till I'm back with an answer.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Christian,

I am not sure what a hot minute means :-). Anyway, you have provided the logs so our engineers will look into it. One thing I was thinking about when I saw your Acces Denied message... Could it be that the user accounts password is expired? Can you login with the local administrator?