Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
ckielhorn
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Christian Kielhorn

[00486490]: B+R 7 R2 - Failed to find last point in Backup

Post by ckielhorn »

Hey and hi,
hopefully my post isn't too "Newbie" -written, it is...
Anyhow, i want to sell Veeam B+R 7 r2 for Hyper-V to a customer, who only has experience with the "A" Software...
Anyhow again, i installed B+R v7 R2 on his freshly installed 2012 R2 Host and tried some backups.
Some of his maschines could not be stored because of above mentioned error (Failed to find last Point in Backup).
Another errorcode appears as well, remembered as "unexpected vhd features mask '6'".

Because of the productive usage of the SBS 2003 Server (who pointed out the same errors), my attempts to resolve this problem started at the second XP Maschine.
Host is Windows Server 2012 R2, Guest Windows XP (therefore i need Gen 1 VHDs), i converted vhd from dynamic ti fixed disc and the error disappears at the first run.
i stopped this attempt due to potential heavy network and system load during a productive day. Today i restarted this Job and - what should i say - the backup Job failed again. failed to find last Point...
sticky note: the virtual computer was powered off the whole time.

okay... what i've done as well? i found something like ForceCreateMissingVBK - added and restarted, but nothing happens.

i had no clu about why These virtual Computer failes again without changing anything.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Christian
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: [00486490]: B+R 7 R2 - Failed to find last point in Back

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Christian,
ckielhorn wrote:okay... what i've done as well? i found something like ForceCreateMissingVBK - added and restarted, but nothing happens.
There is a hotfix for this key, so please inform your support engineer that you need that.

As to other error messages, then it's hard to say what's going on without seeing full debug logs. Please continue working with you technical engineer on this issue.

Thanks!