- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jan 29, 2019 12:19 am
- Full Name: Sam P
I have a Server 2012 R2 hyper-v cluster environment, 30 current running VMs, total size of all VM in cluster is currently 12TB.
Onsite Repository is QNAP TS-1253BU-RP with 54TB of space. I have another same QNAP Storage offsite at our Data Center which I would like to replication offsite backup to (WAN Link is 10mbps)
Any idea of best way to set this up?
Also is it ok to have one of the VM on same Cluster as the veeam backup server?
Do I need proxy server or have all in one backupserver?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 5414
- Liked: 736 times
- Joined: Sep 01, 2014 11:46 am
- Location: Austria
- have a windows machine on the offsite location that runs the Veeam WAN Accelerator & repository role (using the QNAP as block storage instead of SMB is usually more stable. consider ReFS with Server 2016 for performance reasons)Any idea of best way to set this up?
- do the initial backup copy job local (not over 10MBit) and move the box afterwards to the offsite location or think about backup copy job seeding
- do the math how long it would take to transfer everything / changes over 10Mbit (it depends on your data, I usually calculate with 1:6 - 1:10) and configure the backup copy job according to this
hmm, could you describe more in detail? The backup server can run on the cluster, but for safety reasons it is recommended to store the backups outside the clusterAlso is it ok to have one of the VM on same Cluster as the veeam backup server?
With Hyper-V, the proxy runs directly on the Hyper-V hosts. On the offsite location you need the roles "WAN Accelerator" and "Repository"Do I need proxy server or have all in one backupserver?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests