Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
Patrick Mueller
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Patrick Müller

Can not add Hyper-V Host

Post by Patrick Mueller »

Hi folks,

I'm unable to add two Hyper-V Hosts to B&R. I get the following error message for both systems: "This server is not a Hyper-V host."

It is a fresh installation of B&R. Hosts are running Windows Server 2019 (1809) Standard Core. Hyper-V Role is installed. I can access the admin share and the provided credentials do have local admin rights.

When adding the host, it first scans the currently installed components and tries to install the missing/outdated once. Then the errors comes up. Installing the components manually (e.g.: HvIntergration) works without an error but they are not recognized when I scan again.

Additionally, I can only add the host via DNS name. If I try to add the corresponding IP, the same error comes up even before it scans the components of the host.

Any ideas left? Tried to contact Veeam support but they did close the request without a response...
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Can not add Hyper-V Host

Post by foggy »

Hi Patrick, what is the support case ID? Are you using the Community Edition?
Patrick Mueller
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Patrick Müller

Post by Patrick Mueller »

Case-Nr.04873069. Current install is evaluation/community but the client will be migrated to B&R Standard once the backup is running. I guess I have to call support and provide the support ID for the B&R Standard.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Right, this will ensure your case is picked up and not closed due to staff unavailability.