Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
m.day
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Matthew Day

Cannot see VM's in Backup 7.0 Infrastructure

Post by m.day »

Hello everybody,

I have a new install of Veeam backup 7.0 and I'm trying to configure it for use. I have 2 2012 R2 Hyper-V hosts that each have 3 VM's running. When I added the Hosts to the Veeam Infrastructure, the VM's do not appear.

I'm curious if something with the actual setup of my Hyper-V host is causing the issue. (For example, the VHD for the VM's are stored on a D: drive instead of the C:) If I go to file view, I can see the files associated with the VM's.

My question is, how can I get the VM's to appear under their respective hosts in the Infrastructure view?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Cannot see VM's in Backup 7.0 Infrastructure

Post by Gostev »

Hello, do you have the 7.0 R2 update installed? The RTM version of 7.0 was released back in August, so it did not support Hyper-V 2012 R2 yet.
m.day
Novice
Full Name: Matthew Day

Post by m.day »

That was the problem!

I didn't even think to look for an R2 update.

Thanks!
toxuser
Lurker

Post by toxuser »

Hello,

I've just downloaded the "free" version of Veeam to test against our Hyper-V server but i'm having the same problem as the op, i'm running Hyper-V server 2012.

I've just checked the version of Veeam that i'm using and it's 7.0.0.690, is this compatible with Hyper-V server 2012? If it is compatible any idea why i'm not seeing any virtual machines listed?

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

toxuser wrote:I've just checked the version of Veeam that i'm using and it's 7.0.0.690, is this compatible with Hyper-V server 2012? If it is compatible any idea why i'm not seeing any virtual machines listed?
The build number .690 is 7.0 RTM build compatible with Hyper-V 2012, but not with Hyper-V 2012 R2. Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

You need to download and apply the R2 update (see on top of the Download area with big exclamation mark).
toxuser
Lurker

Post by toxuser »

Gostev wrote:You need to download and apply the R2 update (see on top of the Download area with big exclamation mark).
Hi Gostev,

That seems to have fixed it, thank you very much for your help.