Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
koyetola
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kunle Oyetola

Cloud Backup and DR for Physical servers

Post by koyetola »

Hi All, I've a customer scenario in which they have 6 physical servers and 2 Hyper-V VMs on one of the six servers. They want to back all the servers to the cloud and also fail-over 4 of the critical servers into the cloud when there is a disaster. total Data size is about 2TB and estimated daily change is 50GB per day. The serevrs are mainly AD, SQL,and Oracle servers. We are a Veeam Cloud service provider but this is our first opportunity we are responding to. I'm looking at a couple f scenarios and need to know the best way to design a solution that works.
1. Since the customer is new to Veeam I can give them cloud licenses for VBR and can back up their infrastructure to a repository on their site and then copy the backup jobs to another repository on our own infrastructure. I can either fire up the backups on our side or just replicate the VMs to our side and synch them so they can be failed over too when there is a disaster. This works for the VMs for teh backup scenarios and DR scenarios. For the physcal machines can I do the same thing and be able to replicate from a physical machine on their site to a virtual machine on our side and still implement the failover scenario or they must first virtualize all their servers before this can be possible? Please help
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Cloud Backup and DR for Physical servers

Post by veremin »

Hi, Kunle,

Kindly, apply to Cloud & Service Providers forum group to get access to the forum section dedicated solely to Service and Cloud Providers where questions similar to yours are discussed.

This topic will be moved there shortly.

Thanks.
koyetola
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kunle Oyetola

Post by koyetola »

Many thanks. I've done that. Will I automatically see the forum once I get approved?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, you should be able to access the forum immediately.