Configure dedicated 10Gb NIC's for replication

Hyper-V specific discussions

Configure dedicated 10Gb NIC's for replication

Veeam Logoby hmvink » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:27 pm

I have to Hyper-V Hosts each equipped with a 10Gb NIC with a Cross-Over CAT6 cable just for replication in a separate subnet. I want to Replicate between these hosts over this deicated NIC but can't figure out how to configure VEEAM for this. Does anyone have a suggestion?
hmvink
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Hans Maarten Vink

Re: Configure dedicated 10Gb NIC's for replication

Veeam Logoby PTide » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi and welcome to the community!

That depends on which scenario are you going to stick with. The very basic replication scenario with Hyper-V involves two on-host proxies that serve as datamovers. In this case all the data flows directly between two Hyper-V hosts. You can specify the priority for data transfer.

Thank you.
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 246 times

Veeam Logoby hmvink » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:30 pm

In my scenario both servers have multiple NICS the Office LAN is on another subnet than the 10Gb NIC's. I want to use the 10GB NIC's only for replication, not for backup. So how do I configure VEEAM B&R to use the 10GB NIC's just for replication? Backups first go to storage on the Office LAN and then to tape. So there is also a difference between Backups and Replication.
hmvink
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Hans Maarten Vink

Veeam Logoby PTide » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Sorry, not sure what you mean - there is a "Prefer the following networks for backup and replication traffic" check box in "Preferred Networks" settings. Those settings affect both backup and replication jobs.

Thank you.
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 246 times

Veeam Logoby foggy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:05 pm

You could explicitly select the off-host proxy that resides in the 10GB network in the replication job.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1079 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Return to Microsoft Hyper-V