Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
redgasgiant
Novice
Liked: never

DPM and Veeam agent running on same Hyper V failover cluster?

Post by redgasgiant »

Case ID 05849314
We are wondering if we can install Veeam agent onto the VM host that also has DPM on it?
DPM is backing up the VMs right now, but I'd like to start backing up these 3 new Server 2022 VMs using Veeam. (our old version of DPM can't backup 2022 servers).

Will that work?

Our VM hosts cluster is 2012 R2.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: DPM and Veeam agent running on same Hyper V failover cluster?

Post by PetrM »

Hello and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!

First of all, the best practice is to use a single backup application to protect your workloads. From a technical perspective, there are no obvious reasons why it cannot work as long as the jobs performed by different applications do not overlap. On the other hand, this scenario is not included in our testing plan so there are no guarantees for seamless functioning. In case of a technical issue, you may open a support case.

Thanks!
redgasgiant
Novice
Liked: never

Post by redgasgiant »

Veeam will be taking over fully very soon, just waiting for some SAN hardware... but of course these particular servers had to be spun up without notice... the life of IT.
Also since I'm new to the forums and Veeam, are answers given here by you and other "Veeam software" titled users offical? Like, I dont need to call phone support for a official answer?

Thanks
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

You need to call our support team only in case of a technical issue. You can use our forums for the "how to" questions or the questions related to our best practices.

Thanks!