Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
neqinox
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom Collins

Enterprise Manager - No Hyper-V Clusters shown under Roles>Edit Role>Manage Scope Objects

Post by neqinox »

Case #04178436

Maybe I'm being stupid and missing something obvious.
I'm trying to delegate access to a set of VM's via the Roles menu in Enterprise Manager.

I can add Protection Groups for physical machines just fine, but when I try to select any of my Hyper-V VM's, I just get a blank list, show below;

I read the Veeam documentation pertaining to reverse DNS being in place - I've ensured that is the case, and records for all of my VBR servers (including the BEM server) are in functioning correctly.

As far as my VM's go, they're in 2 Hyper-V clusters, and appear like this in each regional VBR server;

I've not seen any other topics on this, so maybe I'm just doing something silly!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Enterprise Manager - No Hyper-V Clusters shown under Roles>Edit Role>Manage Scope Objects

Post by veremin »

As long as the referenced backup server is added to Enterprise Manager, then, the restore scope view should be populated with VMs. So, please, keep working with our support team. Thanks!
cro-shi
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: CR OBrien

Re: Enterprise Manager - No Hyper-V Clusters shown under Roles>Edit Role>Manage Scope Objects

Post by cro-shi »

Bumping this. I'm seeing the same issue. We can see stand-alone Hyper-V hosts, but we can't see any of the three Hyper-V clusters. Will open a case if no one has any ideas.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Will open a case if no one has any ideas.
Seems like the best idea, indeed. Thanks!
HiHoItsOffToWorkWeGo
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mark Fellensiek

Post by HiHoItsOffToWorkWeGo »

did any of you get this working?
username because using Nutanix Mine with Veeam
HiHoItsOffToWorkWeGo
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mark Fellensiek

Post by HiHoItsOffToWorkWeGo »

following up on this forum post:
For the Hyper-V servers (and their guest VMs) to be able to be added to a Role in Veeam Enterprise Manager, both forward and reverse DNS name resolution of the Hyper-V server names and their IP addresses needs to be functional from the Veeam Enterprise Manager server's perspective.
username because using Nutanix Mine with Veeam