Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
cobra
Novice
Liked: never

Error since enabled "Enable application-aware processing"

Post by cobra »

Hello,

I use Veeam on an physical Windows Server 2008R2.
Hyper-V is running on an Windows Server 2012 Datacenter.

Since I enabled "Enable application-aware processing", the VMs cant be backuped anymore.

Our case ID: 00957830

5 of 12 VMs throw an error.

Our Exchange 2010 on an Windows Server 2008 R2:
Unable to subscribe to guest processing components: timed out waiting for Hyper-V integration components to respond
Unable to create snapshot (Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0) (mode: Veeam application-aware processing). Details: Failed to prepare guests for volume snapshot.
Error: Failed to prepare guests for volume snapshot.

On other Windows Server 2008 R2:
Guest processing skipped (check guest OS VSS state and integration components version)
Unable to create snapshot (Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0) (mode: Crash consistent). Details: Failed to prepare guests for volume snapshot.

Out BlackBerry Server on an Windows Server 2003 R2:
Unable to subscribe to guest processing components: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [172.16.9.181]. Account: [domain\administrator]. Win32 error:The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed. Code: 1789 '
Unable to create snapshot (Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0) (mode: Veeam application-aware processing). Details: Failed to prepare guests for volume snapshot.

Greetings
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Error since enabled "Enable application-aware processing

Post by foggy »

Hello, I believe support will be able to track all these issues down based on logs review, which is definitely required here. Thanks.