Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
JTC12
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Joshua Crump

Errors when enabling Application-aware Processing and Guest File system Indexing

Post by JTC12 »

All,

I wanted to see if anyone here has had issues when Application-aware Processing and Guest File system Indexing. I’m getting error codes 0x80131500 and 0x80131500. This server is the file and Veeam Server. I have verified that the username and passwords are correct. The errors are related to PowerShell Direct and a COM Error. I’m using the Community Version. I’ve also opened a support ticket with Veeam with Case #04325770.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Errors when enabling Application-aware Processing and Guest File system Indexing

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Joshua.
While waiting for support answer, can you please double check to make sure PowerShell 2.0+ module is installed on top of Hyper-V host? (Server-Add Roles-Features).
You can also give it a shot and try manual PSD session test with "Enter-PSSession -VMName FS01" from said Hyper-V host.
Also, just FYI, PSD should only be used in case network connection to said VM fails, and failed PSD test in Veeams "Guest Processing" tab does not necessarily means guest processing will fail.
/Thanks!
JTC12
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Joshua Crump

Re: Errors when enabling Application-aware Processing and Guest File system Indexing

Post by JTC12 » 1 person likes this post

Thanks, that was it. I resolved it by installing PowerShell V2.0 on my Hyper-V host.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Thanks for update!
Glad it sorted out.
/Cheers!