Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
emad
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Emad Yehia

Hyper-v cluster error

Post by emad »

Veeam B&R 9 failed to connected to Hyper-v cluster however, it was working two days ago properly. When i choose backup Infrastructure >>>>>managed servers...Microsoft hyper>>>>hyper-v clusters, it shows the cluster IP address, but can't expand nodes under it. I got the error ' failed to create hyper-v clusterWmiUtilis: server does not exist or access denied, check firewall settings'
and if I perform right click on cluster IP address and click rescan it generates "Host discovery failed"
I did the following attempt but with no success :
1-Disable firewall and antivirus on Cluster nodes.
2-confirmed that the veeam account used in configuration is local admin in all nodes.
3-Tried to reconfigure again with Domain admin account.
Could any one help me, please?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Hyper-v cluster error

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Emad,

Did you do any updates recently? Updates to cluster nodes, Hyper-V, Veeam B&R, anything?

Another really stupid question... Is everything OK with your domain controller? (I have seen these type of issues when the active directory service got into trouble... Always took us a while to figure out where the exact problem was...)

If none of these things happened, please create a support call so our engineers can dive deeper into the logs to see where the discovery fails

Thanks
Mike
emad
Enthusiast

Post by emad »

HI Mike,
Thanks for your reply I think that i solved the problem by excluding Veeam B&R directory path from antivirus scanning, however i tried to disable antivirus before but with no success. Finally every thing is working fine now.
Thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Emad,
So, just so I understand it clearly. Disabling AV didn't work. Excluding did. What kind of AV are you using? I know there are a few where disabling doesn't stop it from actually still protecting certain parts of the OS and it is always good to know for us which ones act like that (it is some sort of tamper protection :-))

Thanks
Mike
emad
Enthusiast

Post by emad »

Hello Mike,
I know that it is confusing a little bit, but when you use Kaspersky you should be familiar with this cases :D .
eventually it is working now with excluding setup directory path from Kaspersky scanning. :)
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Emad,

I personally don't use Kapersky but I will look into it when I have some time available to understand how it works... Certainly can help me in other cases.

Thanks for the info, and for the solution... I will keep this certainly in mind ;-)