Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
raycarterin
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: raycarterrapid

Hyper-V Replication.

Post by raycarterin »

I have 2 vms running in hyper-v both vms are very crucial for users VM1-iis, VM2-SqlDB . i have installed veeam backup trail. and what to perform replication job. but i have one question that my another host is already running few vms.
if i start replication job for vm1-iis then it can be started on target host??. or its just get replicated???. i just want that if my one vms goes down then another user will redirect to replicated vm without my assistant is this possible.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Hyper-V Replication.

Post by foggy »

Replica VM is registered on the target host and maintained in sync with the original VM. Once you want to fail over to the replica VM (when original VM is down), you (or anyone from your team) can start it either from Veeam B&R console or manually.
raycarterin
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: raycarterrapid

Post by raycarterin »

That mean replication process keep replica in savestate or shutdown state on target host???. virtual nic also get replicated or i have to readd them and also IP address remain same or i have to change. or it will give any error.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Replica VM is always turned off until you initiate failover. All VM settings including vNICs get replicated. You can use re‑IP rules within replication job if it is required to change IP address configuration for replica VMs.