Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
BuffaloBucks
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Al

Migrating to new B&R server

Post by BuffaloBucks »

I am in the process of migrating from our current Veeam Backup and Replication V12 server to a new one. I have added the repositories from the new server to the old one and have migrated most of the backups except for the ones that have the Capacity Tier configured to copy backups to Azure Object Storage as soon as they are created. On the old server, I have a scale-out repository setup for this. What is the correct procedure to move these backups that are on local disk along with the corresponding backups that have been copied to Azure Object Storage including what repository I need to add from the new server for this? Is there a way in the process that I can move the local backups on disk and then re-connect to the ones in Azure Object Storage without having to copy all of them back out to Azure again to a new container?
BuffaloBucks
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Al

Re: Migrating to new B&R server

Post by BuffaloBucks »

Can this be done by the following steps?
1.) Create a Local disk Backup Repository on the new server
2.) Connect/Add to this new repository on the old server
3.) Move the local backups to this repository
4.) On the new server, Create the Azure Object Storage Repository just like on the old server using the same name and container
5.) On the new server, Create a SOBR using the the new Local Disk Backup Repository with the backups just copied to it and add the Azure Object Storage Repository just created/re-added
6.) On the new server, rescan the new SOBR