Discussions specific to the Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor
DGrinev
Veeam Software
Liked: 179 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Veeam to Backup Hyper-V Cluster

Post by DGrinev » Oct 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi Magdy and welcome to the community!

You should present LUNs to the proxy server with read-only access, all disks should be visible in disk management as offline.
This way nothing can be corrupted, since you're not initializing disks, also Veeam automatically sets SAN policy to Offline during installation.
Please review this thread for additional information. Thanks!

Syed.Maseeh
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Syed Maseeh

Re: Off-Host Backup Proxy

Post by Syed.Maseeh » Feb 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi,

We have 3 hyperv clusters from two different storage CSVs HPE 3PAR7200 and DellSCV3020 Stroage. Veeam BR Server used as a Off-Host Proxy and mapped all the CSVs to Veeam.
When we assign a new CSVs LUNs to the Veeam its taking a different LUNID when compare to Cluster volume. I know that assigning a LUN with LUNID Missmatch cause issues not sure what would be the impact in this scenario since the volume to veeam are readonly. Kindly advice if we can present LUNs with different LUN ID?

Thank you.

Syed.Maseeh
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Syed Maseeh

Post by Syed.Maseeh » Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am

Any update on the above query would be highly appreciable.

Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 560 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler » Feb 20, 2019 6:49 am

Syed,

To be honest, I am not sure. Did you install the VSS hardware provider? I am guessing that there is somewhere a step in the process forgotten or not succeeded. Because this could be a bad thing to do when it is not configured correctly, can you please create a support call? They will be able to look into it and give you more information on what is right and/or wrong.

Please post the case ID here so a follow-up can be done, and the outcome after the engineers investigated it.

Thanks
Mike