- Posts: 32
- Liked: 8 times
- Joined: Sep 27, 2016 6:59 pm
Conceptual question....I think:
Job1 is doing daily backups of all 30 VMs. (Not a per-VM backup)
Suppose one of those VMs is considered critical and I plan to run a backup every hour (for example) of just that VM. Call that Job2.
How do the backups from Job1 and Job2 interact?
1) I assume Job2 backups do not have any dedup interaction with Job1 backups?
2) If Job1 specifies a weekly synthetic full creation, do Job2 backups of that single VM get incorporated into the synthetic?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 5230
- Liked: 450 times
- Joined: May 19, 2015 1:46 pm
1) No, they do not have any dedup interaction within Veeam. You can point both jobs to some deduplication appliance though
2) No, they do not get incorporated into the synthetic as Job1 synthetics are independent.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests