Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Resource not ready: VMware backup proxy

Post by veremin »

Nope; since you are backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines, you need to use a Hyper-V backup proxy. It does not seem that the current forum discussion brings the resolution closer. Instead, it seems to cause more confusion. So reach our support team for any further assistance. Thanks!
HelpMe
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by HelpMe »

@veremin i did but they don't reply anymore
HelpMe
Influencer

Post by HelpMe »

on both
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

If you are on Community Edition, the response delay might be expected - as we provide only the best effort assistance for free product owners. It might be worth waiting for some time and repeating the attempt.

We understand you're facing an issue, but these community forums are not the support portal replacement and cannot be used for technical problem investigation.

Thanks!
HelpMe
Influencer

Post by HelpMe »

I mean i am wating for 2 months now. What do you think i should do as ask the internet?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Can you provide us with the support ticket number so we can check the case internally? Thanks!
HelpMe
Influencer

Post by HelpMe »

This is a different case #05589724 but still 2-3 months i am waiting here so i think the other won't be faster. My other case has been closed (Case #05658874).
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

The second ticket was closed due to no response; the first ticket is in German (I believe), so I cannot make any sense of it.

However, based on the questions asked within the support tickets, it seems that some of the general product concepts are still a bit unclear for you, so I’d start with reviewing Hyper-V User Guide, as it contains answers for most of your queries.

As to the VMware proxy warning, it still looks a bit unexpected why you are getting it in a Hyper-V environment, and for that, you can try to reach our support team – cannot guarantee it will solve the issue immediately, as it’s still a free product involved.

Thanks!
HelpMe
Influencer

Post by HelpMe »

Okay i think this will not help here because it worked already in the begin of the year an the whole last year. To Ticket 1: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/fo ... rum=ws19de check this technetlink.

Yes i know what you mean but i need to solve it you know. So why shouldn't i do anything for this?

Thank you aswell!
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Unfortunately, our possibility to troubleshoot technical issues over the forum posts is very limited. This issue definitely requires the attention of our engineers, the best action plan would be to continue working with our support team. I doubt that it makes sense to look for a solution on this forum.

Thanks!
HelpMe
Influencer

Post by HelpMe »

Okay
sze
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: huehsze

Post by sze »

Hi

I have 2 backup proxy.
1) VMware backup proxy - at VM veeam server B&R. Type:VMWare - 8 max concurrent task
2) BP1 - a VM at the under the same esxi host as veem server B&R. Type:VMWare - 4 max concurrent task as only 4 vcpu allocated.

All other backup job & replication job are in status: resources not ready:backup proxy
Only one replication job with 10 disk running on a VM, using BP1 as both source backup proxy and target proxy.

Why other backup jobs will not use 'VMware backup proxy' as backup proxy to run & need to wait for BP1 instead?
Is there a way to fine tune this?