Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
bsatkin
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bahadır Satkın

SC VMM non-Proper Hostnames

Post by bsatkin »

Hello all; we have an issue about scVMM integration.

VBR sees and read informations from when only added vmware, or hyperV hosts but if we add VMM or hyperV cluster; after scan-add collecting datas take too many minutes, and take wrong data. In hostname tab we're seeing only Cluster name and can't reach hostnames from VMs. All ports and fw-av and user permisions are correctly done. But still we can't see VM infos properly. Can you help, or did you experiance a situation like that.
If it will help, my case number is 3096903.
bsatkin
Novice

Re: SC VMM non-Proper Hostnames

Post by bsatkin »

And with the same issue, we've got that problem from vmWare site too. In the left pane, some of 'Host' tabs show us VMs, but the most of them don't show. And the most of the Host Name pane, show us only Cluster Name.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Based on the case's information, VMs residing on cluster are shown under cluster (not under individual host), and that's something you aren't OK with, right? Thanks.
bsatkin
Novice

Post by bsatkin »

Yes, i think some of VMs were deployed on Cluster in SCVMM, and some of them deployed in Host. And vmWare site, regardless all VMs are seeing from Clustered. I think that unstable situation is because for this.